Participants with type 1 diabetes and their siblings/friends (type 3’s!), ages 7-17 are welcome to attend this one-of-a-kind event! Participants can be any ability level, skier or snowboarder.
Location: Timberline Lodge, Oregon
Date: February 27th, 2016
Registration: Click here to register
Volunteer: Click here to register
Cost: Riding On Insulin is proud to kick off its fifth year offering action sports programs for T1Ds worldwide. We are committed to ensuring broad access to these programs. It’s also important that we have the means to maintain our high quality level of support for a growing number of participants. Last year, we implemented a voluntary 3-tiered pricing structure that allows you to select the fee that is appropriate for your family. Because of generous donors and families, we’ve been able to lower our Tier 3 pricing even further this season! This is strictly an honor system—your selection will not influence your child’s experience at camp!
If the Tier 3 fee remains a challenge, we also offer a limited number of Scholarships. For more information or to apply for a scholarship, click here.
- Tier 3: $125
- Heavily Subsidized
- We are proud to offer this option for families, understanding that the cost of simply living with T1D can be massive. We know — we live with it, too.
- Tier 2: $200
- Partially Subsidized
- You’re able to pay $75 more toward a registration fee than Tier 3. We appreciate your gift. This extra money allows us to fund the Tier 3 pricing attendees, as well as additional scholarships to camp.
- Tier 1: $300
- Lightly Subsidized
- You’re able to pay $100 more toward a registration fee than Tier 2. We appreciate your gift. This extra money allows us to fund the Tier 3 and Tier 2 pricing attendees, as well as additional scholarships to camp.
- Pay a $50 deposit & fundraise the “Tier 2” price via online fundraising page through our partner, Classy.org. Click here for details.
- Self-Subsidized – $555
- Not subsidized at all
- All costs of Riding On Insulin considered, it costs about $555 per child to run a Riding On Insulin camp. Could you take your own child skiing or snowboarding for less than this? Yes. Will your experience include a team of nurses, volunteers, and role models living with T1D, and an enthusiastic staff ready to make it a day you and your child will never forget? Probably not! Whatever you choose, know that every little bit helps — and we considering everyone who registers, no matter the cost a part of the ROI family!
- 1 day lift ticket for the participant
- 1 lunch for the participant
- 1 dinner for the participant
- Snacks throughout the day
- All day (8:30am-4pm) ski/snowboard instruction and supervision from the Riding On Insulin team
- Parent participation (optional) in a parent networking session while the kids are on the mountain
- An ROI T-shirt
- The chance to learn a new sport (or develop existing abilities) with others who are JUST LIKE YOU!
What’s NOT included:
- Dinner for any non-participating children (available for an extra charge)
- Dinner for parents (available for an extra charge)
- Additional lift tickets for parents or family members (available for an extra charge)
- Supervision/Instruction for non-participating family members
- Transportation to and from the mountain
- Transportation to and from the dinner venue (if applicable)
- Rental gear (if needed—available for an extra charge)
Interested in attending, sponsoring or volunteering?