Participants with type 1 diabetes and their siblings/friends (type 3’s!), ages 7-17 are welcome to attend this one-of-a-kind event! Participants can be any ability level, skier or snowboarder.
Location: Timberline Lodge, Oregon
Date: December 13th, 2014
Registration: Click here to register!
History: This will be our fourth annual camp at Timberline Lodge!
Volunteer: Click here to register as a volunteer.
Lodging: We have a room block at the Best Western in Government Camp — 87450 Government Camp Loop Rd, Government Camp, OR 97028. To book rooms (Friday night, Saturday night, or both) at a special rate of $120/night (plus tax), call (503) 272-3205 and mention that you want to book a room with the Riding On Insulin block! The hotel is about a 10 minute drive from Timberline Lodge. Please be sure to book before November 12th, to assure you get a room before the block is released to the public! Booking after 11/12 is based on what’s available.
Cost: Riding On Insulin is proud to kick off its fourth year offering action sports programs for T1Ds worldwide. We are committed to ensuring broad access to these programs. It’s also important that we have the means to maintain our high quality level of support for a growing number of participants. This year, we implemented a voluntary 3-tiered pricing structure that allows you to select the fee that is appropriate for your family. This is strictly an honor system—your selection will not influence your child’s experience at camp!
If the Tier 3 fee remains a challenge, we also offer a limited number of Scholarships, that cover all or part of the registration fee, minus a non-refundable $50 deposit. For more information or to apply for a scholarship, click here.
Less than 45% of the actual cost of attending camp. Valid on or before 10/1/14.
About 45-55% of the actual cost of attending camp.
About 65-75% of the actual cost of attending camp.
About 85-95% of the actual cost of attending camp.
Pay a deposit & fundraise the “Tier 2” price via an online account. Click here for details.
- 1 day lift ticket for the participant
- 1 lunch for the participant
- 1 dinner for the participant
- Snacks throughout the day
- All day (8:30am-4pm) ski/snowboard instruction and supervision from the Riding On Insulin team
- Parent participation (optional) in a parent networking session while the kids are on the mountain
- An ROI T-shirt
- The chance to learn a new sport (or develop existing abilities) with others who are JUST LIKE YOU!
What’s NOT included:
- Dinner for any non-participating children (available for an extra charge)
- Dinner for parents (available for an extra charge)
- Additional lift tickets for parents or family members (available for an extra charge)
- Supervision/Instruction for non-participating family members
- Transportation to and from the mountain
- Transportation to and from the dinner venue (if applicable)
- Rental gear (if needed—available for an extra charge)
Interested in attending, sponsoring or volunteering?